These guidelines apply to adult learners attending an experience and to parents booking for their children. All adults should be aware that they are role models for children.
- Treat the other learners you encounter on the experience with tolerance and empathy.
- Arrive and depart in good time.
- Be prepared - check your listing and correspondence so you have the right clothes and supplies.
- Give as much notice as possible for cancellations, they can affect the group dynamics and preparation.
- Give mentors advance notice of any learning or behavioural difficulties.
- Whilst you are arriving, collecting or involved in any learning experience you must not smoke, take illegal drugs or consume alcohol.
- Ask mentors for evidence of all safety precautions and procedures that you need to be confident about your safety.
Parents and adult learners attending with children present
As above plus:
- Moderate your speech, actions, activities, influences and expectations so that they are age-appropriate for other learners you encounter on the experience.
- When in the presence of your children, talk about the mentor in a respectful and supportive way.
- Refrain from physical punishment of your child in the environment of the experience.
- Do not approach someone else’s child in order to discuss or chastise them because of their behaviour or actions towards your child. Speak directly to the child’s parents in private and to your mentor.
- Ask mentors for evidence of all safety precautions and procedures that you need to be confident about the safety of your child.
This is your platform. We are developing and growing it’s value rapidly so that parents, learners and mentors can be part of a new education system. This system minimises rules so that each person can have more freedom to teach and learn.
We invite feedback from the platform community so that we can keep improving and creating value. We think deeply about the pedagogical basis for our frameworks and believe that together we can reimagine education.
We are committed to education that helps people become free, resilient, creative human beings who lead lives of purpose and direction.